Friday, January 9, 2009

Until Next Year

Whoever came up with the idea to decorate the drab winter months with tinsel, glitter and lights was brilliant. For years I have been collecting vintage ornaments and Christmas decorations. I hold them in my hands as if they are new born chick precious, delicate, and all mine! I often wonder when I find these treasures at tag sales and thrift store who could have possibly have parted with them. I feel blessed to be the rescuer of these magnificent thrill makers.

Each year I treat myself to a new-to-me vintage ornament. Okay, you busted me...I treat myself anytime I find one, but each year I do go scrounging to the depths of what others might call trash to find (rescue) a vintage holiday ANYTHING.

This year I found the most lovely of lovelies, a velvet vintage bell music box with wonderful ornate trim. You can see it here in my bedroom on my loveseat with the sweet baby deer. The vintage wool felt and sequence candle pillow I also purchased this holiday season at a nearby thrift store for $2. She looks so happy to be at my house!
How can I possibly think of putting these diamonds of the past away until next year? Below are Christmas items I leave on display inside a curio cabinet in my living room all year.
These next photos are of my bathroom. Again, I keep these goodies out all year...can't help it.
The cutie-pie with the feather skirt is a find from this season. Isn't she adorable?
I love my flour sack Santa, he's so friendly. I probably won't keep him out all year but he is a nice surprise every late November when I unpack him. So, until next year.

5 comments:

You & Me::Love & Peace. said...

I love antique Christmas ornaments! My mom likes to put up a silver tree every year along with a color turn table that reflects onto the tree to turn it different colors...they're both very old, but super unique.

It was so good to see you today and the baby gifts are adorable! See you soon!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Your shop looks adorable! I hope to stop in next time I'm in Springfield.

sharon said...

i bet your house is full of little 'goodies' !!

Chrisy said...

Nice blog...your christmas stuff is lovely...I really like the vintage decorations...

elleinteriors said...

Really love the vintage decorations...
Thanks...

Regards,
Contemporary furniture