Wednesday, May 20, 2009

When the Dust Settles

Since April 30th, I have been transitioning to life outside my brick-n-mortar Red Books & Chairs. The final days were literally packed with activity including a final 80% reduction sale, organizing non-profit charity pick ups, coordinating trash pick up (funny how much stuff a junker accumulates with a 'project' in mind), endless vacuuming and an overall dusting of the permanent fixtures.
A final turn of the key, a turn about like a guard at Buckingham Palace, no glance back; no taunt to my fragile emotional state. Off I traveled to the next page which came quick.
Everything has happened so fast with not a moment to ponder so with that, not a minute to miss.
The past couple of weeks have been spent painting, organizing and last night...setting up internet with the help of my techno daughter and a friend (yes, both from the technology generation!). So, now I look forward to digging in to start my home studio and produce hand mades to my heart's content.
Still no sadness for the finale of my B&M. I haven't been back to see the empty building standing, waiting for someone with a dream to fill it with the spirit of God's gifts. I look forward to seeing who gets the dust stirring again in that old historic building!

3 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Here's to a bright new adventure and all life's amazing paths!!!

Stacy Orndorff said...

Can't wait to see what you create! Love that you have internet at home!

Polo Chairs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.