Monday, June 22, 2009

Clusters of Collections

I know I've said it before, maybe even on this blog site... I don't have one of anything. I love multiples. I particularly love groupings and clusters of like items or colors. I'm not sure why except that it is pleasing to my eyes.
The softness of the pinks in these multi-era powder boxes is so yummy I had to pile them up. Just looking at them makes me feel more feminine.
I have old photos, some of people I don't know and many of my own family and friends from past years. I love to cluster them in a bowl, in a vintage purse by the guest bed or display them in silk flowers.
Who could get enough buttons or vintage notions? I cannot resist. When I saw this box of vintage buttons in a pretty pink box, when I was at a tag market, I knew they must come home with me to live happily ever after with the hundreds, nay thousands of other buttons I tend.
Nothing is more artful and stimulating to the creative eye than that of un-cut vintage style fabric. The possibilities. The color. The patterns. The age. The visions.
At one time I thought about putting these vintage ornaments here and there. Sprinkling red glow around about... but when I saw their vibrancy in a candy dish I knew they had to stay as a cluster. The are magnificent in their glow.
And while this is not the last of my wonderful collections of clusters, I have to end this blog entry somewhere and what better place than a stack of vintage red books. Clustering a group of old finds lovingly on a worn divan gives comfort just in the sight. Clustering like items allows my collections to not look as though they are mere clutter. (Eye of the beholder!)

8 comments:

Project Junky said...

I think I love the pink powder puff boxes the best!

homespun1 said...

just lovely!!

Rose Charles said...

i love the powder boxes!

i am a bit like that with fabric and buttons... you can NEVER have too much tho! lol

Rose XXX

Erin said...

your a woman after my own heart - I love your treasures . . . I gotta get on this whole watch & clock bandwagon - so cool.

Jill said...

Oh I love clustering collections too!! Even very inexpensive items look great in a group!

mizmollye said...

Hi Judy, I stumbled upon your blog and am so glad. I enjoyed your vignettes. Priceless and especially the Dad tribute. He looks like a charmer. I too am drawn to clusters. Is there a name for this malady? Come visit! Mollye

SEO Hyderabad said...

Buy online famous author books for children and textbooks at low price. Visit below website.
Buy Cheap Books Online

Polo Chairs said...

Nice blog dear I like the way as you present your view among the all visitors. I would like to join you again on this blog it’s a very nice visit on this blog. It’s very attractive and effective for visitors. Executive Chairs, Office Chairs